I have since studied many forms of massage and bodywork in order to understand the science and practical applications behind the magic. My approach combines swedish massage, acupressure, trigger point therapy, orthopedic testing and self-care exercises to help my clients achieve the best possible outcomes. I have worked in a variety of settings including gyms, multi-disciplinary clinics and do housecalls. I also spent several years as a teacher and clinical supervisor and strive to educate as well as treat.
I have also been a doula and infant massage instructor, having received special training in pre-natal and post-natal massage as well as infant massage. I am a member of the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario and the Registered Massage Therapists Association of Ontario.
RMT, sole proprietor
Introduction to Dora
BENEFITS OF MASSAGE & BODYWORK
The benefits to you can be immeasurable, regardless of the type of therapy you receive.
Here are just a few of them.
* relief of congestion and stiffness throughout the body
* relaxation of muscle spasm and lessening of tension
* enhanced muscle tone and prevention of muscle atrophy due to forced inactivity
* can be relaxing or stimulating depending on the type/technique
* improved mood and outlook through the release of endorphins (“feel good” hormones)
* promotes functional scar tissue formation and speedier recovery following injury/surgery
* improved posture, joint flexibility and range of motion
* reduced pain and swelling
* increased body awareness and capacity for calm
* strengthened immune system
* promotion of deeper and easier breathing
* enhanced alertness and performance