Dora has been in practice since 2002 and is a graduate of the Sutherland-Chan School & Teaching Clinic. Prior to her massage therapy training she danced professionally in and around Toronto for 10 years, which is where she learned the value and profound impact of bodywork.
Her holistic approach combines Swedish massage, acupressure, trigger point therapy, orthopedic testing and self-care exercises to help her clients achieve the best possible outcomes. She has worked in a variety of settings including gyms, multi-disciplinary clinics and doing housecalls. She also spent several years as an educator and clinical supervisor.
Additionally, Dora has been a doula and infant massage instructor, having received special training in pre-natal and post-natal massage as well as infant massage. She is a member of the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario and the Registered Massage Therapists Association of Ontario.
RMT, sole proprietor
Introduction to Dora
In so many ways I find it magical how people respond, how much [therapy] can do… I trained in a lot of different kinds of massage therapy so that I can draw on each of them… I tailor my treatments based on what I feel my clients need and what they ask for.Dora Jackson
BENEFITS OF MASSAGE & BODYWORK
The benefits to you can be immeasurable, regardless of the type of therapy you receive.
Here are just a few of them.
* increased circulation and relief of congestion throughout the body
* stimulation of lymphatic drainage and better elimination of wastes/toxins
* relaxation of muscle spasm and relief of tension
* increased blood supply and nutrition to tissues leading to better tissue metabolism
* enhanced muscle tone and prevention of muscle atrophy due to forced inactivity
* can be sedative or stimulating depending on the type/technique
* improved mood and outlook through the release of endorphins (“feel good” hormones)
* prevention of scar tissue formation and speedier recovery following injury/surgery
* improved posture, joint flexibility and range of motion
* reduced pain and swelling
* increased body awareness and capacity for calm thinking and creativity
* strengthened immune system
* promotion of deeper and easier breathing
* enhanced alertness and performance