Her holistic approach combines Swedish massage, acupressure, trigger point therapy, orthopedic testing and self-care exercises to help her clients achieve the best possible outcomes. She has worked in a variety of settings including gyms, multi-disciplinary clinics and doing housecalls. She also spent several years as an educator and clinical supervisor.
Additionally, Dora has been a doula and infant massage instructor, having received special training in pre-natal and post-natal massage as well as infant massage. She is a member of the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario and the Registered Massage Therapists Association of Ontario.
RMT, sole proprietor
Introduction to Dora
BENEFITS OF MASSAGE & BODYWORK
The benefits to you can be immeasurable, regardless of the type of therapy you receive.
Here are just a few of them.
* increased circulation and relief of congestion throughout the body
* stimulation of lymphatic drainage and better elimination of wastes/toxins
* relaxation of muscle spasm and relief of tension
* increased blood supply and nutrition to tissues leading to better tissue metabolism
* enhanced muscle tone and prevention of muscle atrophy due to forced inactivity
* can be sedative or stimulating depending on the type/technique
* improved mood and outlook through the release of endorphins (“feel good” hormones)
* prevention of scar tissue formation and speedier recovery following injury/surgery
* improved posture, joint flexibility and range of motion
* reduced pain and swelling
* increased body awareness and capacity for calm thinking and creativity
* strengthened immune system
* promotion of deeper and easier breathing
* enhanced alertness and performance