As the temperature and humidity levels begin to fall many of us will begin to notice a worsening of dry skin conditions. Stress, allergies, nutrient deficiencies and chemical irritants can also play a role. Here are a few easy ways to combat itch and prevent scarring.
* Poultices can be very moisturizing and soothing. Try these.
1) grated POTATO or DAIKON RADISH
2) a mixture of OATMEAL & YOGURT in equal amounts
* Other applications that can be helpful include:
1) RAW HONEY
2) slices of FRESH PAPAYA
* Invest in a HUMIDIFIER or place dishes of water over heat vents and radiators in the colder months
* Increasing intake of essential fats like FISH & FLAXSEED while decreasing dairy, eggs and peanuts can also help